Online education has come to the rescue of some working class people who will be able to obtain a university degree at the same time pay attention to their regular work in order to support the both their personal expenses and the tuition of obtaining the degree.
The following are some of advantages of having a university degree from an online school:
- Online school provides a convenient academic environment: this is perhaps one of the most important aspects of the online school programs. Students have the learning convenience. all you have to do is to find out the program outline for your chosen course and follow it through without having to disrupt most of your already established schedules
- When obtaining a university degree from an online school, you don’t have to quit your job especially if you need to work to earn the tuition. this opportunity to work and school has made it easier for people who would not have been able to pay for their tuition had they quit their jobs to go to a university
- Online university degree matches exactly the same as any other degree. There is no indication that certificate obtained from an online school will identify you as having studied online. in fact the degree is exactly the same with the ones obtained from the conventional classroom system
- The curriculum of online school is practically the same with those of any other conventional school.
- Online university degree gives the holder an academic edge. you can compare your status when you obtain a university degree online with that time you did not have the degree at all. you will realize that the impact of the degree is very positive
In as much as the online university degree has several advantages, there are however a few disadvantages to note.
- Online university degree may be considered of lesser value by some organizations. this may purely be due to organizational reasons
- The usual student to student and/or student to lecturer interaction is often missing during an online program. it is undeniable that there are several impacts of face to face contact with study groups and class rooms, the virtual nature of online programs may deny every student that opportunity
- Online university degree may take longer to complete. This may be due to the virtual study nature of the program. Students may take longer time to understand what is being taught than they would in a regular classroom set.
- Student running an online degree may have difficulty in understanding the topics on their own.
Online Practice- Best Solution
Online portals offer practice exams which help a child to prepare well for his school-tests. These courses cover the entire curriculum of the child, give him practice tests for each topic which assesses the extent of his grasp on the subject and give him the necessary confidence required to sit for his school-tests. When the child is given a comprehensive set of questions to be answered on each topic it helps him to understand each and every nuance of the topic. It makes him aware about the areas where he needs to improve his performance and ensures that he takes the necessary steps. If the child has adopted the Cambridge learning course then CIE Checkpoint, Free Cambridge Checkpoint Worksheets take care of all aspects of Cambridge primary checkpoint curriculum for whatever subjects he has chosen. Cambridge checkpoint questions include all the possible questions that a child may be asked in his school-tests against each topic.
Online Practice Sessions- Focus More on the Student
Online practice sessions offer flexibility and ease of studying to the child. The child can study at those times that are most suitable for him and for as long periods he finds it fit without causing disruption or disturbance to fellow students. Break-periods can be decided by him and learning conducted at the student’s pace.A practice session which is well-charted ensures that learning happens in a non-threatening manner for all students. Difficulty levels of the practice sessions are set at different levels to suit the capabilities of every student. Any online learning technology offers the student time for reflection and this goes a long way towards effective learning.
Nurses who have obtained their qualifying degrees in countries that are not on this approved list must demonstrate proof of their abilities by undertaking accredited competency assessment courses in Australia. They should give references of their previous work experience, and should have minimum levels of English proficiency as shown by their scores in an approved English language test such as OET or IELTS. They may also be required to undertake a Bridging program that can bring them up to speed with the healthcare environment in the country, and should show proof of their level of knowledge and skills so that they can practice safely and confidently in Australia. This process can take anywhere between 3 months to one and a half years.
All nurses (overseas or domestic) must be registered with a State Nursing Board in Australia. The prerequisites before the registration will depend on their present level of competence or experience. Some nurses may require additional training, whereas for others a complete retraining may be required in the form of a University Bachelor’s Degree. The IRON course (Initial Registration for Overseas Registered Nurses) is accredited by the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC) and is a bridging program for nurses entering Australia. For all such training which will be undertaken in Australian educational institutions and hospitals, a student visa is required.
Those who wish to start their career at a lower level than that of an Enrolled or Registered Nurse can choose to undertake entry level courses that do not require any previous experience or training, such as a Certificate III in Individual Support (Aged Care or Disabled Care), or a Certificate III in Health Services Assistance. They can start their career as a member of a team within a hospital or clinic, and can work their way upwards by doing a Diploma of Nursing which will qualify them to become an Enrolled Nurse after successfully completing the course and obtaining registration with AHPRA. Those who are interested in the administrative side of hospitals can get started with a Certificate III in Health Administration, and manage the administrative work in a healthcare environment, from where they can work their way upwards in the management sector.