- In the beginning weeks of class, respond to each student individually. I find that students need the special attention as they are feeling their way in a new learning environment; moreover, I have seen clear evidence that these personal responses lay the foundation for healthy student-teacher relationships.
- Use appropriate “feelings” phrases when students are experiencing personal issues such as death of family members, personal illness, or financial crises. Students appreciate hearing phrases like “I’m sorry for your loss”, “I’m hoping for a positive change in your situation”, or “I care about your situation”. Upon using these kinds of phrases, students always express how much the words mean to them.
- Reach out to students you haven’t heard from with words suggesting that they are missed. Often students go “MIA” without telling their professors. Once they return, I’ve been known to say things like “we’ve missed seeing you in class”, “so happy you’re back with us”, or “it hasn’t been the same without you”. Invariably, I will get a note back expressing their appreciation.
- When students appear to be stressed or anxious, allow yourself to become transparent. I’ve discovered that the revelation of my own stressful situations serves as a source of encouragement to students. For example, on several occasions, single mothers have shared their difficulties in balancing responsibilities related to schoolwork, children, and parents. In each case, once I reveal my story of working on my dissertation as a single parent and taking care of my mother, I notice a remarkable difference in the students’ overall willingness to move forward.
- Mix in humor with challenging concepts and assignments. Very often, higher education students carry an overarching expectation that everything associated with learning must always be rigid and serious; however, I often take the liberty of inserting humor to soften the intensity of some of the more challenging assignments. For example, when introducing students to concepts about APA rules, I post a silly song called the APA Blues. The students find themselves singing along laughing at the lyrics, and as a result, the humor works to dismantle some of the uneasiness that may exist around the topic.
Category: Online Education
- It augments the benefits of training: It is well known that learning is enhanced when the same concept is presented in different ways. This is the principle behind ‘Blended Learning’. After presenting the concepts in an instructor led face to face training session, the knowledge retention is significantly improved with the addition of a new method in the learning process, through elearning or gamification. It delivers a much richer training experience and helps employees to retain the new information better by applying on different platforms like elearning and gamification.
- It reduces and simplifies logistics: Each method of training has its pros and cons. Face to face training when led by an accomplished trainer can achieve profound results; however, managing the logistics of all the participants can be a nightmare. But when the live programs are reduced and the training is supported by video conferences and elearning, then the impact is not compromised. The last two training methods reduces the need for logistics and is also eco-friendly; e-copies of the training materials can be share thereby reducing the need for printing.
- It allows employees greater control over their training: Microlearning is shared through mobile phones and elearning is shared through Learning Management Systems. Both these methods allow employees to study the material on their own time from their phones or laptops. So long hours of travel has contributed to enhanced productivity as this time is used efficiently. Each person has a varied ability to learn. In face to face sessions, people who take longer to absorb new information have a hard time keeping abreast with the rest of the group. But when employees are given control over their learning, by being able to combine their face to face training sessions with online self study, unique learning needs and behaviors are met; this contributes dramatically to enhanced productivity and career growth.
The most prominent benefit of distance education is the convenience it offers. The busy individual, as well as the one who prefers comfort, is well catered for here. Classes can be attended anywhere and at any time. This aspect effectively eliminates much of the stuff that makes education unsustainably costly.
Closely related to convenience is the flexibility that distance education offers. Conventional education has specific location and time demands. Distance learning eliminates these requirements and allows a student to set a pace that suits them. Slow learners and the linguistically challenged (for instance ESL speakers) can, therefore, move at their pace and grasp as much as they can.
The cost factor also comes in quite strongly as a benefit of distance education. Many students miss study abroad chances because they cannot afford travel and accommodation costs. Thanks to distance learning, such costs are no longer an impediment. It also cuts tuition costs by a sizeable margin, making it affordable.
On the cons side, the most prominent factor is the lack of direct contact with instructors and peers. Even with online forums, this problem remains unsolved. The lack of direct contact eliminates question and answer sessions, which are sometimes highly insightful. This aspect makes it suitable only for those who are self-driven.
Another con is that since students conduct their studies wherever they choose, they miss the ambiance provided by the campus atmosphere. Campuses are typically designed to maximize learning and as such, those who study off campus miss out on this benefit.
On top of these challenges, distance education still suffers stigmatization despite its growing popularity. Employers often question the integrity of distance learning. Consequently, those who go through these programs may find the job market quite hostile towards them.
In conclusion, a close look at both the pros and cons of distance education as discussed shows that they are genuine. As such, to draw the full benefits of this approach to education, adjustments need to be made to address the concerns that surround it.
- In the absence of an instructor, custom e-learning courses cannot just have one word ‘pointers’ with no explanations. Even if there are space constraints, e-learning designers have to make sure that each point is well explained to aid novice learners. An impactful way of doing this is to utilize audio to describe concepts in detail without taking up too much screen space. While the visual impact of the screen remains intact with minimalistic text, audio provides suitable descriptors to help learners understand better.
- To further aid the individual needs of the learners, the option of turning off the audio can be provided for expert learner who do not need explanations of the introductory concepts. To provide learner re-enforcements and a chance to revise the topics taught through the e-course, the audio script can also be provided as a downloadable resource. The learners can later refer to it to re-enforce learning as per their needs.
- Images are a powerful way of communication in an e-course. But here too, keep in mind that only appropriate images should be utilized and enough space should be provided in each screen to create visual ‘relief’.
- Diagrams and Tables are also useful in reducing the text in an e-course – and can be liberally added to e-learning just like a PowerPoint presentation. But the difference is that diagrams and tables have to suitably labeled or explained to create the intended impact on the learner. Complicated diagrams or detailed graphs can share a lot of information. But this information can also confuse or startle the learners – especially if they are new to the subject.
- In addition, detailed documents can be provided along with all e-courses that can be used as a job-aid as well as easy reference from time to time. This provides the learners the opportunity to study the subject in detail – as per their own need and pace.
- E-courses should also be accompanied by a detailed ‘Help’ file -that aids the learner go through the course without any hitch. At any point if they are stuck or want to take a detour in the course, the help document should give them the required information then and there. Many learners are not accustomed to the technology-aided platform and e-learning developers should keep that in mind and create provisions for them.
- Classical teaching – the provision of educational material, designed to study by individual listeners at a convenient time for them. It can be a text document, presentation, and webinar record.
- Group training – simultaneous work of several listeners on-line. It can be joint preparation of the project, brainstorming, discussion of key problems of the organization. An important stimulating part of group work is competition: after all, when several people are doing the same thing, someone inevitably comes forward.
- Dynamic learning – working within interactive web applications. Tests, games, abstract simulators or real simulators simulating real situations – all this increases the degree of involvement of the participants.
mLearning as a new word in technology
With the widespread use of devices such as smartphones and tablets, a new content delivery tool has emerged. mLearning allows transferring educational process from the desktop to a mobile device using WAP or GPRS technology, Wi-Fi and 3G. As a carrier, any portable device meets system requirements can be used.
Mobile applications in mLearning
A mobile application is a program installed on a particular platform, having a certain functionality that allows performing various actions. The importance of mobile applications for education grows not only because of their accessibility and attractiveness in terms of new technologies, but also because of the opportunities they provide: students work together on assignments, taking the teaching outside the school, everyone has the opportunity to speak out, participate (unlike from the system with a show of hands). The use of mobile applications for mLearning allows to:
- Implement a unified control over the level of knowledge of students;
- Simplify the conduct of tests and tests;
- Speed up the exchange of information between all participants of the educational process, to simplify the process of interaction between teachers and students;
- Intensify and modernize the educational process;
- Organize a distributed educational resource;
- Ensure the joint activities of students without reference to the location of participants in the educational process.
Currently, the specialists from all over the world are developing mobile apps that can complement the basic training program. Suppose a person has been trained in the skills of providing feedback, has received the relevant knowledge, has fulfilled the acquired skills. Next, person is provided with post-training support, “wired up” into the mobile application. It has a hint, an instruction for effective feedback, which can be used at any time. By the way, after passing the full-time training, the participant is sent a short version of the course – in text format or as a video tutorial.
Another area of application of mLearning is acquaintance with new products. In 30-40 minutes a person gets knowledge about new products, understands how to work with them, how to sell, and then immediately in an interactive mode passes the test and gets an estimate. In addition, the mobile application will send a push notification on the timetable.
The third promising area of application is technological training, when it is necessary to teach employees to work with a new computer program.
Generally speaking, mobile apps can perform training programs to transfer a lot of knowledge without using extra resources. With the help of a tablet computer or smartphone, operative access to databases, exchange of various materials, the ability to download the latest information at any time can be performed.
Who is recommended to use Mobile Apps for mLearning
- Beginners in the period of adaptation. For example, cashiers and operators in the bank will be able to quickly learn the typical working technologies, the teaching of which in full-time education is spent months.
- Employees whose work is related to the frequent renewal of the range of goods or services: sellers, waiters of network restaurants, mobile service providers, etc.
- Experienced employees who need to improve their skills for a long time, for example cooks. Short presentations of new products and dishes, instructions, tips, pop-up tips will allow a person to constantly improve their skills.
Online Learning Accommodates Everyone’s Needs
This digital revolution has led to remarkable changes in how the content is accessed, consumed, discussed, and shared. Online educational courses can be taken up by office goers and housewives too, at the time that suits them. Depending on their availability and comfort, many people choose to learn at weekends or evenings. The online method of learning is best suited for everyone.
Lectures Can Be Taken Many Times
One can access the study program an unlimited number of times, unlike classroom teaching, with online learning. This can be very helpful at the time of revision while preparing for an exam.
Offers Updated Content
One of the prime benefits of online learning is that it assures you that your content are up to date and based on the latest industry trends.
Quick Delivery Of Lessons
eLearning is an approach to provide quick delivery of lessons. In comparison with traditional classroom teaching techniques, this mode has generally snappy conveyance cycles. This shows the time required to learn is decreased to 25%-60% of what is required in conventional learning.
There are some of the reasons why the learning time is reduced by eLearning:
- Lessons begin rapidly and furthermore wrapped up in a solitary learning session. This empowers preparing projects to effortlessly take off inside half a month, or at some point even days.
- Learners can characterize their own particular speed of learning as opposed to following the speed of the entire group.
- Saves time as a student does not need to travel to the training venue. You can learn at the solace of your own place.
- Students can contemplate particular and significant areas of the learning material without concentrating on every single topic. For instance, they can skirt certain topics they would prefer not to learn.
eLearning helps in making and imparting new concepts, ideas, and thoughts. Regardless of whether it is for formal education or entertainment, eLearning is a speedy method for learning!
eLearning empowers instructors to get a higher level of scope to impart the message reliably for their intended target group. This guarantees all students get a similar kind of preparing with this learning mode.
eLearning is cost effective when compared to traditional types of learning. The purpose behind this cost reduction is on account of learning through this mode happens rapidly and effortlessly. A considerable measure of training time is minimized concerning instructors, travel, course materials, and settlement.
This cost adequacy likewise helps in improving the benefit of an association or a business. Additionally, when you are learning at your own place, you are eased from paying for movement costs (e.g. Convenience) when training occurs in another city/state as well as outside learning materials.
Less Impact On Environment
As eLearning is a paperless method for learning, it ensures the earth to a ton of degree. According to an examination done on eLearning courses, it has been discovered that distance learning programs devoured around 90% less power and produced 85% less measure of CO2 outflows when compared with traditional campus based instructive courses. With eLearning, there is no compelling reason to cut trees for acquiring paper. Hence, eLearning is a profoundly eco-accommodating method for learning.
REVISION AND MORE REVISION – GATEWAY TO SUCCESS IN EXAMS
Almost all schools use test results as one of the main tools for comparing one set of students with the other and this has increased the importance of obtaining good grades in the school tests. One way for the student to achieve this is to have a solid revision plan in place. Revision should not be viewed as merely mugging up whatever has been learnt in class. It is essential for the students to understand the basic concepts of the topics they have learnt and only then can the revision become an interesting exercise. Having knowledge of the marking scheme, type of questions asked in a test or exam and the time to be allotted for each will help the student in writing his exam paper with greater confidence and minimum stress. There can be no compromise on revision if the student wants to fare better at his or her exams.
ONLINE SOURCE FOR DETAILED REVISION
It enables them to understand where the student stands with regard to each topic that he or she has covered. Backed with a degree in Commerce has a vast experience in the field of education having pioneered IB practice test online and IB MYP coaching. As for his degree in Electronics Engineering and Marketing Management makes him the perfect candidate. An entrepreneur par excellence, his business skills besides his experience in the field of computer networking and marketing gives the required administrative and management edge.
HOW DOES IT HELP?
- The content is segregated topic wise, grade wise and has differing difficulty levels. It can therefore be easily adapted to suit each student’s individual requirements.
- The questions are exactly of the same type asked in CHECKING.
- The student solves the questions online and obtains an answer along with an explanation soon after.
- Each student obtains a detailed Performance Report per topic and this helps to ascertain the student’s strengths and weaknesses on each.
- The concerned teachers or the students themselves can decide the areas of concern and overcome them better.
All in all, every school going child has no alternative but to undertake detailed revision and what better way than to enrol.
Know your purpose for the MBA
Why are you pursuing an MBA degree in the first place? It is one of the most important steps to getting on the right path. Identify what you want to specialize in, your expectations, the learning style you love and what kind of flexibility you want. By getting to understand the basics of your kind of program, you will be able to eliminate unsuitable schools fast and easy.
Background check the program
Before enrolling in any online MBA program, make sure that you look into the accreditation. Not all schools are accredited yet this is very important because it works as approval and assurance that you will indeed be getting the quality education that you deserve. Go for a school that has accreditation from an education body that is recognized. You can use a school directory to find out which schools in your area of study are accredited and acceptable for that matter.
If you are not that sure about where to begin with the search for the best online MBA program, ask people around you. Undergraduate professors, professional contacts and coworkers can be some of the best people to guide you on the best programs. When you have a list of high quality schools that offer on-campus and also distance learning courses, it will be easier for you to make your decision. It can also be very helpful to use a reliable education directory to guide your search for the best. Use every resource available to you to find what you are looking for.
Research faculty and explore the curriculum
A web search can help you know who will be teaching for the courses. Prominent professors or those respected in the field are always better for such a program. Think about reviews and ratings from past students so you can weigh their competence. You should also ensure that the online coursework is similar to on-campus material and that the necessary technology is availed to offer you all you need in the course of the online learning.
Knowing the organization who provide the program
Ample of organizations are there that provides Business analytics course to their students. There are several leading training centers across the world. They provide you numerous kinds of training program along with pertinent processing methods as well as equipment. They establish the walk-in-interview along with the students who are actually related to their courses. The students can also meet the heads of dissimilar companies. They genuinely state about the present technologies along with the market value to their customers.
They also have the finest faculties in their business, who are there to provide the valuations and then live projects to their students to just make them professionals. They also support their clients in each and every presentation. The online reporting, data, and information are analyzing, some e-learning and more facilities are the proper online program to do. Their ultimate teaching modes have the proper modernism that provides the students the knowledge of the online training program.
Acquiring some facts about their training program
Ample of Business analytics course are there that assist their students in every possible way, and the best part of that program is that they are quite professional. They appoint specialist and experts in this online training program to assist their students. They deliver the finest facilities, and they also teach the newest methods as well as processing of examining. This particular profession has the vast acceptance amongst each and every individual, so everyone always wants this occupation as a career.
They also have the proper and extensive skill and knowledge of data analyzing as well as data optimizing, and they also discover the concealed truth that is already associated with the domain skill and knowledge. From the specific data counting to data mining, all those data are measuring, and finally, data optimizations are the proper activities of analysis.
The online training program does not generate the solution to their customers, but they deliver the best selection. This program is all about aptitude and accurateness because data mining is one of the problematic services to solve. The artificial intelligence also manages the data mining software as well as techniques.
Those organizations manage the big data statically just to make their association more lucrative. They also assist their customers in each and every possible way to accomplish the dream. They even conduct the tests containing classroom test, mock test, and final test as well. Along with the assistance of some professional and expert the students can easily take the help from them.
Improved organization of communication and information
It can assist a school to make sure every student, parent, teacher, and administrator gets access to the information they need, and when they need it.
More parental involvement
Using it, parents can get better informed about their child’s progress and school news, and eventually, the learner gets more support at home to continue their learning.
More opportunities for personal learning
Using these platforms leads to a higher range of learning resources, and so can both support and motivate independent learners.
Improving quality and variety of educational resources
Online education platforms let teachers the opportunity to supplement or replace the textbook with a different range of learning and teaching resources, both in the classroom and online.
Bigger opportunities for interaction and collaboration
Collaboration between schools and teachers to merge expertise and resources, and better collaboration between learners, are a few of the most remarkable benefits of making use of this platform.
Taking advantage of teachers’ time to attain positive results
Digital education platforms provide several benefits for administrators and teachers by automating several tasks that they need to do regularly. Consequently, schools get more time to focus on their core activity- teaching.
Smoothing the progress of strategic leadership and teaching management
With the assistance of modern digital learning platforms, the education sector can get benefitted from faster and clearer communication among all the people involved in education.