Online education has come to the rescue of some working class people who will be able to obtain a university degree at the same time pay attention to their regular work in order to support the both their personal expenses and the tuition of obtaining the degree.
The following are some of advantages of having a university degree from an online school:
- Online school provides a convenient academic environment: this is perhaps one of the most important aspects of the online school programs. Students have the learning convenience. all you have to do is to find out the program outline for your chosen course and follow it through without having to disrupt most of your already established schedules
- When obtaining a university degree from an online school, you don’t have to quit your job especially if you need to work to earn the tuition. this opportunity to work and school has made it easier for people who would not have been able to pay for their tuition had they quit their jobs to go to a university
- Online university degree matches exactly the same as any other degree. There is no indication that certificate obtained from an online school will identify you as having studied online. in fact the degree is exactly the same with the ones obtained from the conventional classroom system
- The curriculum of online school is practically the same with those of any other conventional school.
- Online university degree gives the holder an academic edge. you can compare your status when you obtain a university degree online with that time you did not have the degree at all. you will realize that the impact of the degree is very positive
In as much as the online university degree has several advantages, there are however a few disadvantages to note.
- Online university degree may be considered of lesser value by some organizations. this may purely be due to organizational reasons
- The usual student to student and/or student to lecturer interaction is often missing during an online program. it is undeniable that there are several impacts of face to face contact with study groups and class rooms, the virtual nature of online programs may deny every student that opportunity
- Online university degree may take longer to complete. This may be due to the virtual study nature of the program. Students may take longer time to understand what is being taught than they would in a regular classroom set.
- Student running an online degree may have difficulty in understanding the topics on their own.